Friday, May 1, 2009

It's All About the Service and the Client

An article written about Zappos, the online shoe seller recently talked about how important customer service and happy employees are to a successful business. Now there's a news flash for you!

Talking about how all types of businesses are paying attention to customer-centric and employee-friendly approaches to business, the author felt that such ideas seem to run counter to the prevailing economic currents of cutting costs and services these days. I don't remember getting that memo. While we are all certainly being forced to cut costs, I don't see much value in cutting customer service.

Real Estate is all about service not sales. I've always felt more like a consultant or a counselor when working with a client to buy or sell a house rather than a salesperson. They look to me to bring them information that will help them make a decision to help them reach their goal.

I know this all sounds rather obvious and simplistic, but you'd be surprised how many Realtors I have met and worked with who seem to have forgotten or maybe never knew it. One of the most important qualities of a successful realtor is patience! I pride myself on listening to my clients and giving them the attention they need and deserve.

A house is probably the most valuable asset most of us will own in our lives. Any decisions made during or leading up to a real estate transaction can have far-reaching and long-term consequences. You need to have the right person assisting you and the right information to make those decisions.

If you are considering buying or selling a house this year, give me a call at (401) 457-1745 or drop me a line!


Image from Google Images